Monday, April 2, 2007

Birthday Well Celebrated

I had a great birthday weekend. I did have a little Muscato, and enjoyed my lilac candle on Thursday. I ate a whole box of chocolates from Caitlin over the weekend. I bought myself some mini-roses I found on clearance at Walmart for $3.49!. They will live the summer on our patio on the table. Mini roses love the filtered bright light from the umbrella.
On Thursday nght we ate Red Velvet Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting. I was tempted to write "Old Lady" on it, but decided not to. LOL. It tasted delicious.
We ate cake and took pictures in the kitchen. Relaxed in the evening.

On Friday Theo had an appointment with the Neurologist (updates to come on Theo in another blog, nothing new though). We ran errands all day. My mom got me another trellis arbor for my garden. I can't wait to see the clematis growing on it. I am so excited! My mom also got the boys an Easter present: a table w/ attached benches for their yard. Too cool. It rained all weekend, so we have not been able to get out and enjoy it yet. This week is set to be 20 degrees below our average of 50, so it looks like we may have to wait another week to enjoy the new garden ammenities.

Theo was Superman on Saturday, repairing some torn screens in the house, installing 3 new light fixtures, installing a storm door on our back patio, assembling the arbor, among other things. What a great birthday present!
Theo rested early, and I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning. I enjoyed a series of some strong thunderstorms, and a tornado watch (not warning). A few tornados touched down in wesetrn Wisconsin, in the area that Theo has a turkey hunt planned this month--so he has already said that if he does not get a bird, he's blaming it on the twisters. LOL. As it hailed and thundered loudly here I painted the living room with Kilz Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel in Bulgar Wheat:
It's a warmer tone than the previous Behr Navajo White we had. I like how it turned out, but I have some touch ups to make. I then cleaned the kitchen and bathroom & showered at about 12:30am. I am such a night owl.

Sunday we went on our grocery trip (we shop only once every two weeks). We were home by early afternoon and my Fibromyalgia began to flare up. I knew I overdone it on Saturday. I ached all over, especially my legs. I scrapbooked a little, but went to bed early. Theo prepared some of his hunting stuff for his upcoming turkey hunt. The Cardinal's lost their season opener, but overall it was a great weekend. It went nice and slow, and I feel like we got tons accomplished. Wish you were all here with us.

No comments: