Monday, April 9, 2007

Painted Clay Pots

My latest somewhat artistic undertaking is painting clay pots. I bought some small 4 inch pots at Micheal's on sale 3/99 cents this last week. On the aisle where they sell the terra cotta pots they also sell terra cotta paint. Love this stuff! I have dozens of clay pots at home. Dozens. So, I painted some red and yellow as a hostess gift for Auntie Di, and then I painted the rest of them 2 shades of blue and a bright shade of green for my porch this summer. I tell ya, I CAN'T wait to get outside! Anything I can do to make gardening come to life in my home I am doing right now! I can't wait to match up some impatiens, zinnia, coleus, potato vine, and geraniums (just a few of my personal container favorites) with these colorful pots. I can hardly contain my excitement! About 31 days to planting time... if I can wait that long!


No comments: