Saturday, April 28, 2007

Busy, beautiful day!

First off, some breaking news: Hunter kept his hat on for more than 2 seconds. Miraculous.

Hi all. We had the most wonderfully busy day, I just could not wait to share all the pictures I took. We woke up and I made muffins for the boys. They ate them all by the time the day was over. I went outside and did a little gardening before we all cleaned up and headed out to the Dane County Farmer's Market. We met up with Sarah, Ben, and their little Harrison. Sidenote: Sarah, I am sorry I forgot to bring your cell phone # with me, I wish we could have spent more time together! Definately have to play this week again!

We spent 2.5 hours there. I weaved in and out of every booth with plants (and I avoided the bakery booths, except the bite I stole from Ben and Sarah's blueberry thingy). The boys ate cheese curds. Harry and Hunter played. It was a very good time. Beautiful day. Felt like summer. I was in awe of all the plants, as usual. I came home with a red Bee Balm, my first gladiolis blubs, a tuberose tuber, and some giant fuchsia petunias. Here are the way-too-expensive-I'll-make-my-containers myself containers & plants they sell there. Aren't they beautiful, and inspiring?

The tulips were blooming all around the State Capitol Building.

After a quick stop at Farm and Fleet to pick up some $1.19 annuals for my containers, we came home and headed straight for the backyard. I filled our containers with annuals while Theo mowed the lawn. The boys helped me (or Ben killed some of the seedlings I had growing, and Hunter chewed on a plant label). The lawn looks great! The containers are all done. They don't look too full, but they will be in no-time. I have learned not to overfill, it jepordizes the performance of the plants. Oh, and check my handywork with the drill in these shots: if it's hanging, I probably put it there all by myself.

Hunter ran all around the yard with us after Dad mowed:

And then he napped. In the middle of the living room floor. Isn't this hilarious? We stomped on the floor, Ben was even touching his face, and he would not wake up.

Ben spent most of the afternoon driving the neighbors batty. He followed Julie all around, and played with his favorite friend, Joey. They had such a good time.

Theo had fun accidently char-broiling dinner? The grill ate the burgers, and flames were everywhere. Then, just as Theo sat down to eat, he got up to help Hunter with something, and Laura snatched his whole dinner. She ate the whole thing!

Once the kids were asleep I went back outside and planted radish & bean seeds, and tilled the garden are where my cukes, peppers, and more tomatos will go. Plus, I planted most of my seeds, dahlias, the gladiolas I picked up today, and transplanted a few more things. I gardened almost non-stop for 8 hours. I even, gasp, forgot to eat lunch. If you know me, you know this is a miracle. I NEVER forget about food. See how much I love gardening? A LOT! Here are the beds before the sunset... I did more work in the dark. I am such a dork.

We finished the night by watching that Toby Keith movie, Broken something or other. Excellent movie. We both loved it.

Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday.

Oh, and thanks for all the encouragement with my weight loss. I have stuck to the plan all week long! It feels fantastic.

No comments: