Thursday, March 29, 2007

28 years ago today...

My momma birthed my crazy ass. Thanks momma. I am 28 today. At about 9:00 tonight actually, no need to rush things. Last night I kicked off my birthday with a glass of Muscato (sweet dessert wine) I've been saving from our honeymoon. It was delicious, until Theo dropped his belly button lint in it. Yes, he actually did this. On purpose. Goofy husband, likes to play. I fed the last of the glass to Laura. I will finish the bottle this weekend, starting tonight. Theo bought me a lilac blossom Yankee Candle. Yummy. And he did this before he read my blog. How good does he know me? Very, very good.

I woke up to all three of my boys in bed with me making a ruckus. Ben kept saying "Happy birthday, mommy!" I had my "happy birthday coffee" as Ben called it. Took a long, hot shower (used chocolate body wash compliments of Caitlin). I actually did my hair and make-up. I'm wearing the earrings my Grandma Chris sent me. And my very best purfume, Gucci "Rush." I dressed the boys in some cute outfits. Theo did about 15 little shimmy dances for me before he left for work. I also made a red velvet cake this morning (from the box, I'm no Martha Stewart when I have two kids to watch). I lit the lilac candle. I filled the bird feeders. Watched them come and eat. I brought in a tree branch so I can try and force it to bloom indoors. Later, I think I'll go shopping, get a new set of stamps, a bird feeder maybe. Some dark chocolate. Tomorrow I am getting another trellis (from my momma), and sand for the boy's sandbox and basketball hoop. Friday night Theo is making me fajitas for dinner (something he started doing the first week we met). Good times. Warm happy feelings. Love Spring. Like Birthdays, too.

No comments: