Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Elmo Muckos




Ben's newest adventre is helping momma cook. Last night he helped me make the cornbread for dinner. I have been using Martha White's Sweet Corn muffin mix, and cooking it in the cast iron skillet in the oven. Things just taste better in cast-iron skillets. And the sweet muffin mix blands nicely with the green chile enchiladas I'm now hooked on making. (I also made a chocolate peanut butter skillet cookie from scratch earlier this week, and it was mmm... fluffy. Yum.) So, this morning, Ben found the measuring spoon in the kitchen sink and brought it to me. He asked to make Elmo muffins, which is "I make Elmo Muckos momma?" in Benspeak. Sure dude. You can help momma make some muffins. Around 10am this morning we got out the muffin wrappers with Elmo on them, and quick package of Betty Crocker's Triple Berry. Ben made them all by himself. I can't wait until he's old enough to help cut up zucchini when I make my neighbor's rockin' zuchinni muffin recipe.

No comments: