Monday, March 5, 2007

While I'm at it...




I read scrapbooking magazines and books whenever I can. I have found many women advocating and even whole magazine articles pushing the art of self-portraits. I even have a self-portrait setting on my camera. I don't take picture of myself b/c I am hot stuff. On the contrary. I take pictures to capture the real me. The daily me. The me I see when I look in the mirror. The me the kids see when they look at me. Hopefully the me that Theo see's, too. I take thousands of pictures a month, and no one else around here likes to hold the camera, yet. I have to be in some of the shots. I take self-portraits a few times month. I even have a scrapbook of just me. I'll share some of that sometime.
I notice things about myself everyday. I have laugh lines around my lips. Who knew? LOL. If you know me, you KNOW I laugh a lot, and loud, and obnoxiously. (Sidenote for me speech friends: You know how when we do speech we all dream of performing in a national out round? Well, I got to do that a few times, but long before I ever performed on stageI was recognized a few times for my laugh as an audience member. This cracked me. Made me realize how important being an attentive audience member is.) Anyway, I like my laugh lines. My first wrinkles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i actually just started doing this because you keep suggesting it. for the longest time, i never wanted my picture taken cuz i was never quite comfortable with me, but since i started it, i am starting to really love it. i will have to post some on my blog now too!
speech nerd! your laugh is TOTALLY the first thing i think of when i think of you!!! its the same laugh that ben has, i think. what a great thing to be known by!