Sunday, March 11, 2007

Scraplifting Lisa McGarvey

This lovely framed piece of work above was done by a very talented scrapbooker named Lisa McGarvey. I have seen her work published in books, and its on Two Peas Website where she is a Garden Girl, or a contributing artist. I saw this framed word, and had to try my own version, which you can see below:

I chose to make my word on a canvas. I used colors to coordinate with Hunter's room. I used some SEI, Basic Grey, Karen Foster, and Foofala (Autumn Leaves) patterned papers & tags, and several misc. ribbons. I hoard ribbon, covet ribbon, and I can't keep record of what companies ribons come from. From memory, the polka dot blue, red, and brown, and striped one above it, as well as the colored alphabet on the "o" tag are American Crafts, the red and orange may be from Walmart. The blue polka dot is Cloud 9 Design, and the alphabets are Colorbok, I think? Dollar bin at Micheals. The eyelets are We R Memory Keepers. After I took this picture I used my favorite tool, my Crop A Dile, also by We R Memory Keepers, to punch through the canvas and use eyelets to hang the whole thing from ribbon. I'll update the blog to include this photo later.


No comments: