Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Look what I took out this week!

Yipee. Garden season is almost here. Hard to believe under the snow my bulbs are starting to rise up. The trees have little buds on the branches. I love this time of year. I plan for months, anxiously awaiting that sacred day of May 10th when it's safe to plant annuals, edibles, and seeds. This year, I have many ideas. I planted tons of perrenials around the veggie & herb patch in the back late in the season last year; I am dying to know what they'll bring. Plus, I have Theo to share the garden loot with. It's no fun eating the food grew along (or with a 2 year old, I guess). Many more stories to come.
A sure sign it's coming. The kitchen window primrose is making a scene.
And, the new vines on the jasmine are growing wild. They know what's coming! Mama's going to take us outside soon!

No comments: