Sunday, March 11, 2007

In the dirt

I could not wait to get my hands in the dirt. Just watering my indoor plants the other day I could smell the dirt. I got so excited. Love dirt. I decided this year I would do a few seeds indoors. The German Chamomille is in a small greenhouse that Auntie Di bought me.
Cinnamon scented Basil, and Rosemary, too.
One perrenial so far, Pinks.
They're soaking up the sun...

In moved an old Army footlocker in front of a window up in our bedroom. The sun obviously passes from east to west, and this window faces south. The sun hits this spot nearly all day. Sunniest place I'm going get indoors. I did not want to have use any supplemental lighting.

I have started seeds indoors before, but it's been awhile. I have had lots of success with seeds, particularly: heirloom amaranth vine, black-eyes susan, lavendar, daisies, hollyhocks, and zinnia. I hope these new varieties will grow as well. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: