Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Signs of life...


Look what I found? Tulip bulbs a-comin' up in my front yard. I am so excited. It won't be long until the hostas, bleeding heart, spring clematis, and lilacs appear. I'm so anxious, I can hardly wait. Last night we moved the cars back up against the house, and afterward spent some time out in the garden. (Why did we move the cars? the 7 feet of snowbank has melted in the last week, leaving my car about 9 feet from the curb, LOL!). Anyway, I grabbed my garden sheers and clipped off last year's remains from my 4 sedum "autumn joy," all 3 Echinecea Purple & Pink Coneflowers, and my Purple Salvia & Veronica, too. I see my lavender plants are all ready and rearing to grow, and it looks like my 2 older russian sage plants will be huge. I transplnated them at the end of the 05' gardening season, and was disapponted at how little they grew last year. It looks like it will be a good year for my 2-year-old foxgloves, too. They are off to an early start. Little tiny green leaves poke out from under the mulch of leaves and garden clippings. I brought in some dead zinnia heads to see if I can find any seeds that look healthy. I grew them from some *free* seeds last year. We'll see. If not, an elderly care home down the road will give me some more of theirs, *free*. Love my town. Hope all is blooming in your gardens.

No comments: