Thursday, March 8, 2007

10 months already?


Sometimes it's rough being me.
Just checking my hair mom, does it look okay?


So serious.




"I'm going to eat the rest of you toys next."



Pretty soon here my littlest rug rat will be 10 months old. Wow. Fast 10 months in some ways, and really long ten months in others. I am so glad I have all the pictures of Hunter I have taken. It helps me to remember what I have in front of me. A beautiful baby. A healthy, michevious, little miracle that fills my heart with love so high its overflowing.


Ben and I took Hunter to his 9 month "well-baby" check-up this morning. It was scheduled for last month, but I opted to cancel and stay with Theo at the hospital. The doctor says Hunter looks great. He weighed 19 pounds, and was 29 inches long. He's growing well, and doing all the little baby things he should be doing. Very good news.


Hunter's favorite thing in the world to do is to eat. His favorite food is cornbread. But he likes anything we put in front of him. The least picky eater ever. He can stand on his own without holding on for a few seconds, and can walk when he something to hold onto (i.e. his walk-along, a basket he can slide, a item on wheels, or mom's hands). He has said, "dada," but has since stopped saying it. He will repeat actions, like blowing raspberries, making "ah-bah-ah-bah-ah-bah" sounds by slapping his hand to mouth repeatedly, etc. He laughs a lot, and rarely cries for anything. He now finally sleeps through the night. He likes to be put to sleep wrapped up in his fleece blanket in his crib, with his birdie music on, while momma rubs his hair behind his ear (like my Grandma Helena did for me until I was about 10!). His favorite toys are books, and cars/trucks. He loves his "key" rattle, and this little blue elephant on a link-a-doo. He transports things in his mouth when he crawls from place to place. He still prefers crawling as a means of movement, and can outcrawl mom's walking sometimes. He laughs when you say, "no, Hunter." He threw a ball the first time I handed him one. He's really good at throwing. He can drink his water and juice from a sippy-cup unassisted. He can sleep anywhere, and through most noices/ruckus when he's really tired. He loves peek-a-boo. He envies Ben. And loves attention from Daddy. Thats our Hunter in a nutshell.

When we got home from the doc's Hunter crawled around the kitchen while I made us all lunch. He bumped his head on the fireplace and got tripped up on the Ride-and-Go Thomas from Uncle Trash. In these pictures he has his rough and tumble baby battle wounds. I think his socks were too slippery? But learning to walk is rough. Balance is something we take for granted, don't you think?
I hope you enjoy all the pictures of my little Hunter-roo.

No comments: