Friday, May 4, 2007

My Garden Rocks

I just had to float my own boat for a minute. My garden is my favorite place around here. I walk around all day looking for little leaves unfurling, looking to see what is blooming. I am way addicted to gardening. Yesterday felt as though we're over the hump out there, as if I know what's made it through winter for sure, and now I can sit back and enjoy the show.


I have so many vines that are mature; I love vines. You'll see, as the season progresses, I let them go wild. Here on the trellis to the left I have a pink climbing rose, a trumpet vine, and a clematis. The trellis on the right has more trumpet vine, more clematis, and an unidentified vine I've sort of decided is Hops, just like those used in beer making. But it could be grapes, too? It's a mystery that came up last year all by itself. Below I have painted daisies, pink asiatic lilies, 8 roses, lavender, petunias, zinnia, poppies, tickseed, phlox, foxgloves, hostas, and daylilies.


My Lilacs opened up, and are in their mason jar in my kitchen window just where I like em':





I had to bring in a few purple tulips, too.




The Lemon Symphony Osteospurmum put on a hefty show yesterday, blooming like mad. Love how it looks against the Sweet Potato Vine... These Mums won't perform all summer, so I put some Stock seeds in the pot around them. I think they should compliment each other nicely, should they come to fruition.



This is another pink shrub rose. I bought it on clearance at Home Depot 4 years ago, not knowing what color it would be. I don't love pink roses, but this bush is my most reliable one, and it's foliage is just gorgeous.
And... some snowland daisies. I love daisies. I have them all over. So classic, and simply beautiful when vased. These are the first to bloom.

No comments: