Thursday, May 10, 2007

Blooms and Harvest

This last week I've enjoyed the garden so much. It still look fairly barren from a distance, but when you get up close, and stick your nose in, you notice there are some spectacular things coming to life. It seems most of springs blooms are mosre slight and delicate. Here is a sampling of the pretties I've enjoyed. You can click on the image to enlarge it.

Tulips, Sorbet Violas, Alyssum, Verbenia, HF Young Clematis, Columbine, Bleeding Heart, Radishes coming up in rows with bee balm, hollyhock, and hostas in the background, first green onion smelled fantastic & tasted delicious, patio container filling out and the sweet potato bloomed (never happened in my garden before?), healthy blue spruce my brother and I planted the summer we moved in here, the bunnies keep getting my cucumbers so in addition to the dozens of plants I have all around I dropped spent marigold blooms around them (marigolds have a stink that deters scavengers from eating your edibles, I am hopeful), red verbenia in a birdcage should fill out nicely,more HF Young Clematis, and more of the patio container.




No comments: