Tuesday, May 1, 2007

More work in the garden...

I did some more work outside all afternoon. I dragged the kids to get all my peppers, tomatos, cucumbers, squash, and zuchini. I came home with dozens of peppers. I put everything in the ground. Worst case scenario I'll cover them with something if we get a frost (heard of some guy using sheets, I could use clay pots, etc, I have tons laying around). I moved around some of the annuals in the containers, and added some things here and there. I think I'm done? I'm laughing at myself as I say this, but I think I'm more toward the "watching progress" point of the spring season. Not as much digging to come. I still have some perrenials and annuals in pots growing, and I plan on letting them get well-established before I transplant them. So in 3-4 weeks I'll be digging again.


For now, I'll share some pictures of the finished containers:


The newest Dahlia. I think I may have an addiction:


More Dahlia in the blue pot. This orange made me want to EAT them, I had to have them. I plugged in a tropical croton, sweet potato vine, and a daisy in the bigger pot. There is an elephant ear tuber in the middle, and I'm praying it will come up. :)



Things fill out so fast. I thought a quick shot of how full the bed behind the garage is would show folks in California how fast winter fades & spring dominates.


A magenta petunia I picked up at the Farmer's Market. This things is so big, bigger than most petunias I have seen. It glows!



And here are the peppers... hard to see, but they are all there. The perrenial herbs are closest to the front of this picture, and the ones I started from seed are coming up all around them. I can't wait until this all fills out! I check it twice a day. Second picture are our green onions... yum.



My fall bulbs are in full bloom. Pretty. And I think my lilacs will open tomorrow.
Have a good day everyone.

No comments: