Thursday, May 3, 2007

Let's Go Cardinal's, Let's Go!

I'm optimistic. I am certain the Cardinal's will turn their season around and play like the World Champion's they are. They just didn't do it yesterday while we were there to watch. We headed up to Milwaukee's Miller Park to watch the Brew Crew lock up a 3-game sweep in a series against the Cardinal's. The Cardinal's are mourning the drunk-driving death death of one of their pitcher's this week, but that's no excuse for adding losses added to their record, frankly. Poopheads.


We had a great time, though. Theo and I were pumped to see our favorite players up close, and live. I was disappointed Molina didn't play, he's my favorite... but we did get to see Pujols hit, and Eckstein & Taguchi do what they do, too. I got some great pictures, of course.




I snuck down close just in time for the national anthem, sung by a children's choir from a town just west of where we live. Yes, that's Duncan's spit.




It looks like La Russa is staring me down? Promise I'll cheer loud, coach!






Exciting to see a legend like Pujols play.




Hunter did not like the sun, which we were bathed-in above 3rd base, row 12. Theo and I had to take turns sitting in the back of the section where the overhang shaded the seats. He also does not like wearing his hat, but we had to force him to in order to block the sun. When in the shade, Hunter was loving the crowd, and the game.




We sat by some great people, mostly Cards fans. An older couple drove up from Iowa for the whole series. They liked Ben and Hunter, and interacted with them the whole time. Ben made friends with two Brewer's fans who sat just behind us; when Dad was sitting with Hunter in the shade Ben was high-fiving the guys and clapping for the home team. It was pretty funny. We all laughed. The guys did try to teach Ben "Go Red!" and such, they were great sports fans.




Uh-oh, La Russa strutted out on the field to have a word with the umpires (who were idiots, if you ask me).


So lucky to have a chance to attend this game. I hope we get to see more, I had forgotten how thrilling watching live sports can be. If only I could sneak into Soldier Field this winter... Grandma, want to watch the kids?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you go to a Bears game, you could drop the kids off and Seth and I could watch them... it would be fun! (and make us realize that we still want to wait a few years to have kids:) Then we could go out to dinner afterwards or something. Seriously.