Friday, October 12, 2007

Sea World!


As soon as we walked into Sea World this guy came up and hugged Ben!
And these flamingos just walked up out of nowhere, too.





Getting ready to feed the seals and sea lions.





This bird snatched our food.



Feed me! I'm starving!








The Dolphin Show!





Those dolpins can make an incredible soaking splash!



She's riding a whale. Pretty cool.


What is Hunter so enthralled with?

Shamu!
Ben may have been more interested in this little redhead he made friends with.









Showing the boys some star fish up close.

Sea Turtles!


Uncle Jason held Hunter in the aquarium area.
My girlfriend Andrea and her husband Randy joined us at Sea World. Andrea and I have been friends since about 2nd grade. I had never met her husband, so this was really cool. I was supposed to be in their wedding, but I got preggers, and then Theo got deployed! I like him a lot Andrea!




This was the shark encounter. You pass the sharks on top of the water and can see their fins and what not; then you go underground and walk through a plexiglass tunnel with the sharks above you. I tried to get pictures, but I was on a conveyor belt, so this was as good as it got.










The penguins were behind glass, so this was as close as we could get.

Walrus and Sea Lion Show:





I love walruses. I have gladly acknowledge how walruses and I have a striking resemblance, with the whiskers, the snaggle teeth, and blubber. Theo laughs so hard when I talk about this. What? Walruses are cute.




A Budweiser Clydesdale.

This manatee sculpture made Theo and I chuckle. Yeah, it's probably mommy with baby, but its still funny.

One of those wacky banyan trees, which my mom kept calling a bunyon tree.
Another pretty incredible day!

No comments: