Saturday, October 13, 2007

Retrieving our Retriever

Due to the weather we made some pretty awful timing on the ride home; we would have pulled into my aunt and uncle's house, where Laura was staying, much later than we wanted to, and they had to work the next day. We consulted with my aunt, and decided we'd pick Laura up the following Saturday. My aunt and uncle sure didn't mind, they tried to tell us they were keeping her anyway, b/c posession is 9/10 of the law. LOL. They love their neice Laura a lot.


We took the oppurtunity to see my Papa Dave on Saturday; he's undergone several heart procedures lately, and I wanted to make sure to see him. The Monday after we saw him he had another surgery, and it went really well, better than any of the doctors expected.
Uncle Kevin was home during the visit, too. The boys were so excited to play with him.
I love these pictures of Papa.
We also had the chance to eat lunch with grandma Chris, Great Grandpa, and Uncle Rick at Baker's Square, home of my very second favorite sandwich, a turkey melt. An old friend from high school, Gina, was our waitress. Very cool.
Laura and Dakota became best buddies while they spent 3 weeks together. We could not have left Laura in better hands. Here are the two girls, playing gleefully.

No comments: