Thursday, October 11, 2007

Finally Disneyland!

After a year of talking about it, we're finally at Disneyland. I was possibly more excited than the kids. I grew up just 45 minutes from here, so I've been to Disneyland a couple dozen times. I was so excited to be bck here with my kiddos. I brought Theo here when we lived in Cali, so even he was here for a second time.

The first cool thing I noticed at Disneyland? The Mickey Mouse was made of small pumpkins here... see the ears are orange ones, and the eyes white ones, and the dark pink colors are mums. Disney never disappoints. I love attention to detail.



Us, on Main Street USA.


Right away we found characters. Hunter was a tad skeptical, but warmed up real quick.


Love that the Halloween theme was carried over into Goofy walking around in his costume.



This quartet posed for me. I loved their pumpkins in the bike basket & orange striped vests.



The classic Jungle Cruise:





Just outside of the Jungle Criuse they had the most terrific Pirate themed shop. I spent a ton of time in there, and wish I would have gone back for a Pirate Hoodie I fell in love with. They had the coolest stuff in there, and it's in a faux cave like setting, too. I love how Disney appeals to every athestic. My kind of place, filled with joy & entertainment from head to toe.

Big cuddly Pooh Bear!







If you ask Ben his favorite part of Disneyland he says, "Eeyore."

Here's the Pooh Bear ride, new since my last visit. I loved that even Hunter could ride almost everything. We went on the Haunted House, Pirates of the Carribean, and more...

This was the best picture I could get of Capt. Jack Sparrow; my family kept yelling, "No flash photography!" Prudes. If I was there alone I would have just gone on the Pirates ride over and over. Maybe a few times through the Indiana Jones ride, too.





The Nightmare Before Christmas Theme was just awesome. I loved all the decor. This is the Haunted House.



The long awaited Dumbo ride. Ben had an old VHS of Disneyland in the 80's; it portrayed kids riding Dumbo, so he knew what to expect.




One of the only long lines we stood in all day was the candy shop just outside Pooh's ride. Ben got a pretzel covered in chocolate and M & M's; we also got brownies and peanut butter things. They made all the goodies there behind a big glass window. I loved all the pooh bear stuff, so cute there.

Yeah. Two big men in a pink tea cup. Love it.


We spent a good chunk of time in Toon Town, where Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, the Ducks, and Chip and Dale live. I'm standing in front of Chip and Dale's house, which is a tree. I want to live in a tree like this.




This lounge is in Minnie's House, which Alyssa could totally live in--it's all pink and cute.

There was a long line for meeting Mickey, and you had to walk through his whole house where you ended up at several small private rooms where you got one on one time with one of the Mickey's. The best part... my mom didn't figure out their trick. She truly believed we met the one and only Mickey. Cracks me up.

Here is Benjamin in Mickey's living room chair.


This is Mickey's Piano/Organ thingy.








I think this is Goofy's house behind Theo and Hunter.



Minnie Mouse!



Ben has never seen Alice in Wonderland, so he does not know the Mad Hatter, but Ben really enjoyed him anyway; he cracked up when he made this face.




Theo said Alice wanted him. Sure she did, honey. See her clinging to the rabbit?



The Buzz Lightyear ride was new since my last visit. I rode with Hunter. The point of the ride is to shoot at these bullseyes with you little light year guns. It actually tallys your score! Hunter had both guns in our cart, so we sucked, but Theo scored like a million, and Jason and Alyssa did well, too.


Here's everyone in front of the castle:

Hunter fell asleep in line for Nemo.


We sat down in the middle of main street to save a good spot for the parade. I did some shopping while my mom saved the spot. Julie joined us just before the parade, she has a year pass.




I got the boys pretzels shaped like Mickey Mouse.



We sat out in front of the main street bakery. Jason, Alyssa, Julie and I went in. Julie got a pumpkin muffin, and I got a slice of pumpkin cheesecake. All yummy.









Considering the boys went pretty much an enture day without a nap, I was surprised by how excited Hunter was about the parade. He was giddy, and mesmerized.












A perfect day in paradise. Thanks to Grandma, and my grandparents for making it happen!

No comments: