Monday, October 8, 2007

Even More Yosemite...

I'm watching Joey this morning, and the boys are playing rather well, so I decided to log in here and post a few more vacation pictures for as long as I can.
We took a tram ride around te valley to help us decide what else we wanted to do with our day. We passed a large herd of deer, so we hopped off at the next tram stop. Theo was in heaven. the boys were so tired and hungry at this point, they were not all that excited.

The bucks were trying to shed their antlers, and doing a little bit of sparring.
The does and their fawns were across the street. These deer are so used to be around people that they wait for the cars to cross the street. Crazy huh?
While Theo ran ahead with the boys to the deer I snapped these pictures of Half Dome. I LOVE these pictures, and will be framing one, for sure.



After we looked at the deer up close, we headed to Sentinal Bridge. We had to pass through this meadow to get there. The boys loved the path, and ran back and forth, getting even more tired and hungry. There were some more deer in the meadow, so while I snapped pictures of the boys and the scenery Theo watched the deer.







This is a picture to show scale, the pines are so tall.




We saw this sign in the Curry Village parking lot. It's showing how bears will get into your car and eat food if you leave behind any food related objects. Theo cracked up when he saw this.
There was a pretty good storm moving in, and I was able to capture some pictures of the clouds and shadows before sunset.




The next morning we drove out of the park after a very filling breakfast at the Curry Dining Pavillion. We had planned on staying half the day, but it was raining and that made it hard to do much of anything with the kids. I did have Theo pull over by Bridal Veil Falls and Merced River so I could snap a few pictures. I fell in love with this spot, and will definately be enlarging a few of these and framing them in our home. If you look close you can see the rain drops on the water.
This is El Capitan, nearly covered with morning clouds.
I have seen Valley View a hundred times it seems, with sunshine, clouds, even snow, but these low clouds are something so special.
One our way down the mountain Ben became car sick once again. Poor thing.
Our last stop was Mariposa Grove, to see magical giant Sequoias, the largest living things on earth.
It was snowing here, so we just ran out and took pictures and ran back to the car. The kids were ready for nap time, too.
This was the most relaxing part of our vacation. I am so glad we were able to make this part of the trip. Thanks, momma, for the reservations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of the clouds in the valley are amazing. I may want you to send me the files on a few of those so I can print and frame some!:)