Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our 3rd date in as many years!

Yes, I said 3rd date in 3 years. When Ben was a few months old we ran for an hour and half at Olive Garden while my mom and Jason sat with Ben. When Ben was a year old we went on date to a steakhouse in Peoria while Grandma Angie watched the Ben. And now, as we were in California, Grandma Anita, Uncle Jason, and Great Grandma and Grandpa watched Ben and Hunter while Theo and I went out on a real long date. What a wonderful time we had!

We headed over the bridge toward our old neigborhood; these are some part of the LA Harbor, but Theo calls them his boobies. He made me take a picture of them.
Here we are happy as clams having the best meal in the world, our very favorite, at Open Sesame in Long Beach, in the Belmont Shores neighborhood. Why are we so happy? No kids to interupt the meal... and...

We're eating this: Chicken Shwarma, the most fantastic Lebanese meal there is. Don't bother ordering it next time you're at a Lebanese place, I've tried it at every restaurant in Madison, Peoria, and so on... this place is special. The chicken is prepared with a lemony spice mixture and served with our choice of tabouli, hummus, pickled veggies, and a spiced yogurt dipping sauce/side dish. My mouth waters and aches with longing just thinking about it. We also polished off a mountain of pita with hummus, too. Yum.

Then we headed to the very first Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream, and a sit on the beach.




There was a man meditating on the beach, and Theo wanted me to take his picture with the "hippy." He was so close and I felt bad, so I didn't get him in the picture. But he's behind Theo here.




The surfers came out to catch waves at high tide.


The sun was almost setting when we left for a movie. We went and saw Superbad, and while it was a tad raunchy, I still laughed pretty hard. We had not been to a movie since I was preggers with Ben!



On our way home all the lights on the hill in front of us looks so different than what we look at here in WI at night. The rode was bumpy and I did



On our way home we drove down to Port's O'Call and looked at the harbor. I snapped a few pictures of the Vincent Thomas Bridge at night.






No comments: