Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Random California Moments

One of my grandmother's roses.



I took these with my 12x zoom from the backyard just before sunset.

This is actually my plumeria. My grandma gave it to me when Theo and I lived in California, and I had to give it back to her when we moved.
This is my bouganvillea, which I was devasted not to be able to bring home... it's just too big. I wish my grandparents would plant it somewhere.


Great Grandma is very much a kid at heart. Here, she's swinging with the boys.
Meanwhile, Grandma Anita made ice cream cones!


Grandma's Double Delight roses.


One night when we got home Grandma and Mom's night blooming cactus was in full bloom. These are such unique plants, and they smell incredible when they are blooming. Each flower opens at sunset, and blooms only one night. You can see how large they are, almost as big as my grandma's head. I brought a piece of one home to try and grow here; grandma says they grow them in Finland, bringing them in during winter time.

This is what the night blooming cactus blooms look like the evening before they open.
Here and the boys hanging out with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa in the back yard.


One night Jason's best friend Eddie, and his girlfriend, Morgan stoppped by. Eddie has grown up so much in the last 4 years; I get to see Jason when he visits here, so his growing up has been gradual, but Eddie went from junior high to high school graduate since we left. He has to be the most polite guy ever. He was an usher in our wedding for that very reason. Morgan was awesome, too. We all hung out and ate all of the food in the house. Cousin Julie was there, too. It was so cool she could hang out with us so much while we were there.



Here is Great Grandma hanging out with Hunter Joe.

No comments: