Sunday, October 7, 2007

Even more Orangevale adventures...

Aidan takes classes at Gymboree, and one night Ben and I went along. Ben had never been in an organized class setting, so I was grateful the class was just Ben and Aidan. The teacher, also named Caitlin, was awesome.
Here is perhaps the only still moment all evening:


The rest of the class was more like this:



A game of "freeze."

Proof ben "froze," but only this one time.






One evening Papa Matt and Nana Cindy babysat the kideroos so we adults could go eat in peace. And maybe have a coctail ot two. Caitlin treated us to a place called Q'Bole in Folsom. Oh yum. Yum yum yum. Real Mexican food. Hallelujah! We sat outside, the weather was perfect, just before sunset, warm, but a little breeze. Very nice. I loved the decore, the brown iron garden decor outdoors, and the cluster of star lanterns above the indoor fireplace. Good stuff.
Jeanette, the previously mentioned "brownie fairy" joined us. She rocks. Here she is with Uncle Allan.



Allan and Caitlin:


Caitlin and Jeanette


Theo and Me:


Caitlin and Me:


And just for Leena, I took a picture of my food, partially chowed. There was so much food on my plate I even brought home leftovers for lunch the next day. Yum. I had a sweet corn tamale (my favorite, if you haven't noticed I have a thing for sweet corn things), shredded beef taco, and chicken chimichunga. Delicious.


These are actually the last pictures from Orangevale below. I took so many, but it seems like not enough. They don't tell the whole story. I wish I had picture of Caitlin and I trying on Seven jeans (which she treated me to, and I freakin' LOVE), or warming our asses on the heated seats in her ride. I don't have pictures of the half a dozen brownies I ate, and the smile on my face when I ate them, or Theo's breakfast served on a tray to him as he sat on the sofa. I didn't take a picture of our room, and the cute little bed Aidan and Caitlin made for Ben, complete with Nemo sheets and little toy to cuddle. I didn't take a picture of the car-ride jamborees in which Nana Cindy serenaded the boys with Bear in the Big Blue house songs. I don't have a single picture of Papa Matt with the boys. He did work alot, but he was there to love them when he could be. We had such a good time in Sacramento, and I can't wait to come back. I also can't wait until the Nielsen's & Botica's come to see us here, too. Thank you guys for such a wonderful vacation.
Here we are in the jacuzzi... make-up smeared, perhaps my bathing suit is falling off because my jugs broke the strap, and sure, we don't look too much like supermodels, but we're relaxed, happy. Very good times.

No comments: