Saturday, October 13, 2007

New Camera/Ben's Birthday

The biggest thing I missed not having a camera my last day in California was celebrating Ben's birthday with the family. He turned 3 last week, so we had an early celebration in CA. My mom got him this cake with real little tractors on it, and the frosting looked like mud. I loved it. She had a disposable camera, so I'll have pictures of that soon.

At home, on Ben's actual birthday, we just ran to Walmart and got ice cream cones. Too much cake in California.
These are the first pictures my Kodak Z712 IS took. Some things I love about this new camera? A faster shutter reaction time. I was so used to the natural delay with my old camera I knew to press the button at precisely the right time, before the moment I was photographing; now this camera takes the pictures seconds faster it seems. It's still so surprising how I'm able to capture the kids expressions so much better. This camera also had a setting for high ISO, enabling me to capture pictures of subjects in very low light setting--perfect for the kids in the house with the only light coming from the windows. I've been having a heck of time with this feature... lots of very "daily" pictures coming your way soon.
In the meantime, here's Ben's ice cream cones:

No comments: