Monday, October 29, 2007

Autumn in the Garden

The mild temperatures have caused my flowers to bring a flush of blooms this late in October. Our first frost was this weekend, so many of the annuals have perished, and the cannas have bronzed and begun to go dormant--ready to be dug up, but those roses love the cool weather and just keep coming and I have never had a second round of blooms from my hostas! Zinnias, Snapdragons, Primrose, Pinks, Lavendar, Alyssum, and more are still pushing out blooms.
This is Kordes Perfecta rose.




This is Morden Centennial rose.



A Clematis flower, too.



I have been taking the boys out as much as possible, and they seem to love the cool temperatures as much as me. I had them "help" me rake leaves into my flower beds. What fun they had!










No comments: