Tuesday, August 7, 2007

While we're outside...

I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of the garden. I am in transition outside, moving all of the perennials in the vegetable bed to the beck border, so a lot of the yard doesn't look that great-big gaps and holes where roots used to be and more edibles will be next year. I was able to find some flattering angles of the garden, and with the cloudy conditions from the storm the pictures came out pretty good.




My latest junk finds, a ladder from my neighbor's, and an old birdhouse in need of roof repair. You can't beat free on the curb.

n


Here's an up-close peak at some of what's blooming:
Blue Lobelia.

Hyancith Bean Vine:


Most recent hollyhock to open up, a coral pink.
Trumpet Vine:

I cut this dahlia all the way back when it got powdery mildew about a month ago... it's good to have you back, dahlia!

No comments: