Friday, August 24, 2007

Hunter "Reads"

As I've mentioned, Little Hunter Joe, doesn't use a lot of words. In the past he has consistently said "yat" (cat) , and once in a blue moon he says, "mama," "dada," "dah" (dog) and "bah" (ball). My mom reminded me how much Ben loved when I read to him at 15 months, he learned most of his words this way. I decided to push books on Hunter, and he's loving it! He cries if I don't read to him all the time now. He easily identifies the cats in all the books, and he started saying "fish" all the time now. He's started using the word "bah" (ball) again, and pointing to the balls in the books, too. He points at the dogs, giraffes, horses, and ducks, but is still struggling to add words to the pictures. Just a week of reading, and two words. Not bad. I've also been working on sounds with him, repeating "shhh" over and over got him to say "fish," and playfully babbling "babababa" got him back to saying "bah" (ball). Here is he is "reading" all alone. Joey is "reading" to him in the last two pictures.
a

No comments: