Thursday, August 2, 2007

Summer Blooms

Roses... roses... roses...



So much in the garden to love right now...





My first rosa Mr. Lincoln bloom and I'm in love.


Trumpet Vine


Purple Coneflowers


I can barely enter the herb portion of the garden anymore. These are the marigold, zinnia, nasturium, cosmos, black eyes susans, and climbing vines I grew from seed.

A new addition, Blue Clips Bellflower:

Perennial Red Lobelia:


I found some deep discounted Limelight Hydrangea ($3.74) and put them behind these hostas on the side of the house. Not long from now they'll fill this whole space.
Here is a close-up of the Limelight

One of those tiny struggling clematis I planted years ago and have never seen bloom. So excited to see it bloom finally... it's variety is on a note in my room, so I'll have to get back to that one later.

The first canna is blooming... from the dozen canna rhizomes I got from the neighbor down the street.




No comments: