Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Mowing with Dad

Last night, before the pending rain storm arrived, we mowed the lawn. I brought the boys outside to help me move all the obstacles out of dad's way. I usually bring the boys in, but I decided to let them run around while Theo mowed. Ben immediately went to test out his lawn mower. He followed Theo all around, shouting, "Wait for me, Dah!"








About half way through he realized he was dirty. Dirt doesn't always sit well with Ben. He's likely the only 2 year old who asks for napkins when he eats, and begs me to wash his hands. he can't be my offspring? Anyway, he freaked out when he found he was wearing a good coat of grass clippings.





I could not resist this picture. It doesn't get more little boy than this.

I kept Hunter in the swing as long I could, but he just had to get in on the action.


This kid insists on following me when I vacuum the house--he grabs the Cat dump truck with the exact same silver and yellow as my Dyson and follows with importance and determination. Mowing was perfect for him. He was very serious, exhausted, trying to keep up with dad. He'd have his head hung, arms flexed, as he was pushing this outdoor dump truck as hard as could. Every once in awhile he'd look up and assess where dad was, and study how get behind him. He was just so serious... I was cracking up!





Here Hunter sees had has transitioned behind the lilacs and can't figure out how he can get back there right away. Before he knows it, dad's back on this side of the lilacs headed for the shed, and he's reassessing his position.




Look at how close he rounds this curve. Yeah, I think we know which kid will get lawn duty when they grow up.




The lawn actually looks pretty goo for August. Thank God for more rain last night...

No comments: