Wednesday, August 22, 2007

5:1

Wow, this is my 501st post. Has it really been that many? I almost didn't make it to the 501st post, though. I'm just kidding... The other day I got an early morning call from our friends; they were closing on their very first home that day and the babysitter cancelled. Yikes. Of course, I said I would fill-in. So I spent the morning watching Joey as usual, he went home at noon, and the boys took a nap. At 2:00 I found myself watching 5 total kids, ages approx. 6 months, 1, 2, 3, and 7. And I survived. Actually, it was easy. A breeze. I know you must think I am crazy, but 2 hours alone with 5 kids, and not a single problem. They played together cooperatively. I had to take pictures so someone would believe me.


Ben and Leila are almost the same age.



Leila is just a little princess... doesn't she look like an angel here? She drank two big sippy cups full of milk and let out the largest belch ever. Theo was home by then, and he and I about peed our pants. So cute.

Hunter and Leila are have the same demeanor, more calm than their older siblings, less dominating. They played together almost silently, blissfully. It was great.
Now, with zero prompting Hunter came right up and planted a kiss on little Sydney! How cute is this? VERY. What a little stud.

Isn't she adorable? She fell asleep in my arms for about 40 minutes. I love babies. I can't wait to have another little one.

Hunter also voluntarily shared with Sydney. He brought her a train track, and tried to show her this book.

Sydney did some exploring herself.

I sat her on my lap in the window to watch the birds and trees. So cute.

I took my last birth control pill yesterday, so let the mating commence. My mom already asked me this morning, "So, are you pregnant yet?" Jeez, mom, give us a little while, huh? Can't blame her, with Ben it took less than 20 days off birth control, and with Hunter I was actually still taking the birth control. We are two very, very fertile folks.

This is the first time I'm actually planning a baby... trying for a late spring birth so the clothes Hunter wore work perfectly (odds are it's a boy), and I don't have to be preggers in the summer. F%$k that. Also, Hunter will be transitioning into a toddler bed, and Ben into a twin bed; Ben and Hunter will share a room by the time the baby needs a crib and nursery, not a bassinet. Plus, Theo's unit isn't slated to deploy again, if at all, until after this pregnancy would be over (always subject to change). We'll keep you posted.

No comments: