Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Beautiful Mundane

I don't think I've had a chance to post these pictures. They are all just simple around the house stuff from the last week or two. The boys change so much so fast, and sometimes do incredible little things I grab the camera to capture.

Hunter's in a big transitional phase, picking up new, indepedent skills hourly it seems. He does some big people things, and in his little tiny body he looks just so darn cute. This week he's started snacking in one of our big chairs all by himself. I gave him thin apple slices, and he carried them into the living room, pulled his diaper butt up on the chair, and settled down with his water by his side to watch one of his favorite things: Barney. So cute.

When he's sleepy he climbs up in the chair with a blanket and cozies up all by himself, too. I love this, and barely resist snuggling him, too.

I can't remember if I posted this charming shot of Ben. It may be fuzzy, but worth the giggle. He's sporting the very cute hand-me-down winter boots his BFF Joey gave him, complete with little boy underoos, his very first huge knee bandage, Thomas T-shirt, and his rumpled and ragged old "Ghung" blanket. Adorable. He wore this outfit all day long.


Here I sat and watched Ben put together the enture 60 piece Thomas puzzle, all by himself. He does the sky, clouds, bushs, and tree with nary a frustration cry. Like all good puzzle solvers he even has a method, where he starts with his favorite image in the scene first, like Berie the bus, and then works around him from there, one character or object at a time. I am just so amazed by this.
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Amy G said...

Super cute.... I am AMAZED that Ben is doing 60 piece puzzles at this age. He is a super smarty pants:)