Thursday, August 2, 2007

Growing Way Too Fast

Here are the boys in the sandbox playing:


Here are the boys in the kitchen:







Ben's current favorite thing to do is construct elaborate Thomas tracks all throughout our kitchen. He can't always link them back together, but he plays for hours with Joe and Hunter here.




Ben is wearing big boy underwear! Yesterday afternoon he says, "Mom, change my diaper. I'm wet. I peed in my room." Apparently he peed a lot when he napped and his training pants had filled up. I asked him, "You peed in your room? Where are you supposed to pee?" He replied, "In the potty chair," as he pointed at the toilet.
I decided the training pants weren't working for daytime anymore, so we bought Thomas and Army-themed underwear last night at Walmart. I will still put training pants on him at night... but today was our first day in real underwear. I set the timer on the oven to go off every 25 minutes and we go the bathroom and try to pee. Pee came every single time this morning. If his pants are dry, and he pees, he gets either one big marshmellow or two small fruit snacks as a reward. h peed once in these, and got another pair, but only after I made a big production about how sad Thomas was that he peed on him, and how I hoped the pee came out and he could wear them again.
Hunter climbed in the chair and covered himself up all on hi own.

Then he decided to try sitting in the chair, instead of on top of the table. He brought his crackers with him, and climbed up ery carefully not to spill them. So cute how he wants to be like us big people.

No comments: