Monday, January 7, 2008

ScrapHappenings This Week

I've been working on our vacation albums lately. I have one 1-inch 3-ring 8.5 x 11 binders for the whole vacation, and one for just Yosemite. Then, I have a 12 x 12 for Disneyland. Here are a few pages from my general vacation album:







I used a shell I found on the beach on this layout. I used a big Zot to attach it.
I had some serious fun with the stamps on this page about my mom. I stamped first with dark brown ink, then stamped single flowers with white acrylic paint. Then I used glitter glue to outline parts of the stamps. I then added a dimensional glue and covered it with tiny bronze beads. Last, I slapped some sequins on some of the flowers. Fun.




I miss Yosemite so much, so I love being able to dip back into the feeling of being there when I scrapbook. I have been using a lot of Ali Edwards for structural inspiration. The colors, items, and layouts are not scrap-lifted in any way.




The scrapbook world is experimenting with clear pages lately. I had to try it. The stores near me don't sell the bad ass Hambly Screen Prints, or any of the Page Frames Clear Albums, but I improvised and bought some thicker transparencies at Staples. I love how I'm able to merge 3 pages by inserting the clear sheet in the middle. I'm exiting to get better at this technique.





I put the Yosemite Today newspaper from the week we visited in this envelope in the middle of the two pages. I doodled the white pen design around it.


Lots more Yosemite pictures to scrap, and more to come...

No comments: