Thursday, March 6, 2008

Some more scraps to share...

Hey y'all.


We're having a pretty good week here. I had Joey over Monday through Thursday. It had been two weeks since the boys played, so they were like long lost loves for the first few hours there. I made it to the gym both Tuesday and Wednesday night, getting in an hour of cardio both nights. It felt fantastic, but I'm paying for it today. The incline on the treadmill worked some muscles in my hips I hadn't used in some time, and I ache like mad today. I'm counting my WW points well, and hope for good numbers on Monday morning. I have lost 11.5 lbs so far, which is a good pace for real life, a little over a 1lb a week since I recommitted to WW in December. However, I'm wanting more now, more weight loss, more strength, and more of my cute jeans to fit again.
Theo has the reservists in this weekend, so he does not get a day off. I can't believe he's at work after spending like 8 hours in layovers yesterday, and getting so little sleep. I'm pooped... and I don't get a day "off" this weekend either. So, this morning, all I want to do is nap! The workout pain is so not helping with the sleep deprivation. See, the fibromyalgia finds a way to knock me down when I over do it... and last night I over did it.


I stayed up waiting for Theo last night, and I cleaned, did dishes, organized some stuff, and did laundry. As I folded I watched the episodes of Gone Country that I had DVR'd. I laughed out loud all by myself. I love this show! I'm showing my age that I remember when Bobby Brown was newly famous, and know every word of Carnie Wilsons original groups songs. I heart Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) so much, and was so happy when they liked her song. I can't help but wish somehow she could have help with her skin. Is anyone else noticing this? Or am I sitting too close to my big screen HDTV? She is so beautiful, but then in some shots her skin is just so much older than she is... I hope she wins the competition, but then again, I LOVED what I heard of Bobby Brown's song.

Total side note: Hunter's newest thing is shouting the word "Ouw" (as in, Ouch, without the "ch") as loud as he can even when he's not being hurt. It's screwing with me, b/c I'm so quick to defend him and go to yell at Ben to stop hurting Hunter, when I look to discover Ben 5 feet away from him and Hunter just shouting "Ouw-ouw-ouw-ouw" for effect. Or for whatever reason.

Last night I also switched my baby boy's clothes out of this drawers-- Hunter no longer fits in his 18 month stuff, so I pulled up the 24m and 2T stuff from the basement. Going through Ben's 2T stuff was surreal, I swear I just put in the bin yesterday. I feel like he wore some of these outfits so recently! Time flies way too fast. I kept thinking of the Trace Adkins song, "You're gonna miss this" Those words ring true for me right now, as Ben screams and wails on the floor here b/c I won't let him eat a lollipop for breakfast, and Hunter sits tucked under a blanket on the floor (his own doing) pouring over his Barney book. I asked Ben the other day, "What is mommy going to do when Hunter is not her little baby anymore?" He said, "Have another baby!" I like how he thinks. Just not now, not with Theo deploying to Afghanistan in December... maybe when he gets back.
Joey was asking Ben on Thursday if he has a sister. Joey has an older sister, so he wanted to know if Ben had a sister. Ben said no, but I was just waiting for him say he needed one. LOL. Theo would tell me I'd have to sleep with his co-worker Babcock to get a girl. See, they have this theory they could sell their sperm, becuase Theo has cranked out 3 boys and Babcock 3 girls. (Theo has a child who was put up for adoption a year before we met). Anyway, Theo is fairly certain he can't make girl babies, and so there's no sister in sight for Ben. Sorry, Joey.

So Theo's finally home. Another long week without him here to help and talk adult language to (as opposed to 1-3 year old talk). Theo got in around midnight, as Ben had just crawled in bed with me to snuggle. Ben was so cute, he came running with his stinky green blanket, flopped in bed and slid up beside me with a quiet energetic, "Mommy, I want some love." He kissed me, and snuggled in closer. I told him daddy would be home pretty soon, so we stayed up chatting there waiting for him. When Theo jostled the front door Ben burst out of bed and said, "Daddy! I'm going to give him love!" He ran down the steps. Then both my big boys, daddy and Ben came and snuggled me a little more. Theo told Ben it was time to go back to his own bed, and Ben told Daddy he had to "go to the playroom to do his homework!" so he could stay with his mommy. LOL. The things he comes up with, I swear. This morning, as Theo was leaving for work, Ben told him not to go to "Tat-Lanta" (Atlanta, where he was all week) again. Just "go to work with Babcock so you can come home to me." How priceless is this? Quite.

I thought I'd share some more scrapbook layouts from the last few weeks. All from our Sept 2007 family vacation album, obviously. I had some real fun with all the beach layouts, lots of colors and textures I really enjoy. I love this album so far, and hope to work more on it today. If you want to read the journaling, click on the image to enlarge it.
Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Amy G said...

Ben couldn't be cuter with the things he says and his pizza (and that Hunter is pretty damn adorable too:)