Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More time in Madison, Peoria...

Took a few pictures of Grandma with her boys. Here, Hunter picks a winner. My mom watched the boys 2 days during the week, while we toured colleges and such. I think they bonded, and Ben can't stop asking when he gets to see Grandma again. Even I can hardly tell the boys apart in the these pictures.









One night we took Jason and Alyssa up to Madison; we had some ice cream, and Alyssa and I played in a scrapbook store (Archiver's). Afterward, we drove Jason and Alyssa to see downtown at night. I took this picture in night landscaoe mode, and used the center console as a stabilizer while we were at a stoplight.

We took Alyssa to Peoria to see Bradley University (she's already been accepted there). I had fun walking around the school, showing her classrooms, and seeing the ladies I worked with in the bookstore.


We decided one day should be kid-focused. We took the boys to Madison Children's Museum. This place was pretty darn cool. We all enjoyed ourselves.

A giant fish.


Ben hops aboard a fishing boat.


I fell in love with the twig furniture in the museum, naturally.


I love this little fruit stand!




Ben and Hunter seemed to agree the bext part of the children's museum was the diner area, where the kids could pretend to serve us quite realistic foods.






Romping about.




Hunter gathers fruits in the Mhung exhibit.

Hunter is way into babies right now. He loves to cover them with blankets and sit them up in chairs, or lay them in bed. He spent a chunk of time in this area. So cute.


The museum is located on State St. in downtown Madison, so all the fun shops near the University of WI Madison are right there next door. After we arrived we got coffee next door, then we spent some time in the museum with the kids, but, of course, I had to show Alyssa all of the cool shops on State St. We left the big boys with the boys and went shopping! Alyssa tried on some potential prom dresses (I still love the wild one with the giant sequins, Alyssa!). We looked at smell good candles, popcorn, jackets and jewelry galore. Good times. If Alyssa goes to school in th emidwest, I'm definately making her come shop and play with me on weekends!

My mom on State St.


Jason in front of the Capitol Building.



More to come... we had a snowball fight Friday!

No comments: