Saturday, March 8, 2008

A productive naptime.

Day before yesterday morning I brought some scrap trash downstairs with the intent of making it into something I could use. When you buy a sheet of die-cuts from a scrapbook store, they come partially punched out, usually on a 12 x 12 piece of paper. The colors on the die-cuts usually overlap a little, so one you remove the die, the outline is still there. I thought I could use my exacto knife and cut out that trim to make a silouette shape. I'm getting more mileage out of a $2 die cut sheet than I ever imagined! I made all of these layouts yesterday in the hour and half that the boys napped. I was so inspired by the cut-outs I created, the scrap juices were just flowin'.

8 weeks to the next gardening season, I loved pulling this jewel out of my photo box to scrap. I've been dying for a reason to use the pink flowered ribbon (not a lot of pink things in my life as you can imagine). I'm using one of my silouette cut outs to frame the smaller picture of the rose.



Love these chocolate pictures of Hunter. I cut out the plastic heart from a sheet of plastic die-cuts (same idea as what I'm doing with the 12 x 12 dies). The white heart is from a sheet of Cosmo Cricket die cuts.


OH how good it feels to scrap summer pictures! Here's Ben in his "Tool." Using a silouette I cut out from a Collage Press sheet of die cuts to frame the journaling here.





Hunter running around naked, surprise, surprise, eh? I used two silouette circles around and on top of a Technique Tuesday scalloped circle tile. It was fun to layer a few whites here, not something I do often.


Have a lovely day y'all.

No comments: