Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

We've sort of made a tradition of visiting the family in Chicago for Thanksgiving; this year, however, Theo spent 14.5 hours in the car on Wednesday making a delivery for work, and there was snow forecasted... I did not want to make him spend another 6 hours in the car in incimate weather on Thursday, so we decided to stay home. I had already purchased everything to make a Thanksgiving meal at home, too, so we just bumped it up a day. I ended up on the phone with my aunt Diane for 2 hours anyway, so it was like we were there anyway. LOL.

The day turned out rather relaxing. We didn't make a whole turkey, just two breasts. I made green bean casserole, mashed potatos, Grandma Chris' stuffing, candied & mashed sweet potatos, pumpkin pie, gravy and rolls. We made everything buy the rolls and gravy from "scratch," nothing was bought pre-made. Nothing came out bad, but nothing stood out as being exceptional either. I didn't take any risks, or make anything creative, I just wanted to make a nice safe meal. I did try a different pumpkin pie recipe than I have in the past, and I was rather pleased with it...

I just love our semi-white trash table setting with the generic sprite. LOL. Nevermind the ridiculous-ness of the diet beverage with this meal.
Here we are eating...
Here is Ben earlier in the day, being goofy.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, too. Happy Leftovers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated turkey day, Jamie! We ended up forgoing the holiday this year and had a chili cookoff instead (with pumpkin pie, of course!). So while you are eating endless turkey sandwiches, we will be eating endless bowls of the 9 different chilis that showed up. (ps--love the matching shirts on the boys!)