Monday, November 26, 2007

Caked in Ice

I've been without internet access for a few days, and it was weird. I realized I use the internet to acquire random tidbits of knowledge a few million times a day. I also had to go without a camera battery for a week, causing several temper tantrums of my own. Dependancy, bigtime.


But alas, I've returned. With pictures, and stories, of course.
Last weekend we had a good winter storm fly through. We got about 4 inches of snow, and on top of it we had a good 1/2 inch of ice, then rain, which then turned to more ice. I have witnessed one or two good ice storms, in the last decade, so I know how cool they can be. The temps were to reach their peak of about 38 degrees in the real early morning hours, so at 11pm when I found our outdoor world covered in ice, I had to grab the camera & snow boots and head out before it melted. I found a winter wonderland, as the winds blew rather rapidly the ice cracked all around me.
Here's what found:
An ice-encased clematis bloom:
Front willows, shrubs with Christmas lights, looking toward the back yard:
My roses, icicles:
My yellow rose arbor, entrance to the garage:
Looking into a front yew shrub:
More willow twigs on the front yews:
Back porch chair:

No comments: