Saturday, December 6, 2008

Some Holiday Inspiration

Our homepage is msn.com. I tell ya, I don't know how it got that way, but I've never felt the need to change it. Once in awhile I find something interesting that I simply have to click on before I go to my normal morning websites. This morning there was a link to some stocking craft ideas, and I had to chare a few of them:

This one is so adorable. The good folks at Martha came up with putting some mittens on the bedpost as miny stockings and stuffing them with goodies. The pictures is priceless! While I don't buy their claim that the jam-packed mittens would distract early risers... not ay my house. I can assure you that Ben and Hunter will be down by that tree long before I can get my happy ass down the steps, and no amount of mittens on the bed post would prevent that from occuring... just the same, I love the idea, and might do it.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-home/martha-stewart/staticslideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=13292437&imageindex=1

Also, if you are looking for something creative to do for your kid's stocking, this idea is really cute, too. They took old socks, and sewed parts of them together, adding on each year. Cute, for a girl, perhaps, but the stinky boys socks in this house would not make good stockings. :)

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-home/martha-stewart/staticslideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=13292437&imageindex=9

If you're exploring these links there are several more cute ideas, like the baby sock advent calendar, which I'd be making right now if I hadn't bought a wooden advent calendar at Target last month. Also, love the handmade paper craft ornaments with the pictures. Cute, cute.

Happy creating! Tis the season!

No comments: