Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Valentine's
























This has been the oddest week of our lives, I'm certain. Some photos of highs and lows.


February 14th marked 6 years since Theo and I met. Important date. We spent it at the hospital this year, with a big balloon, some candy, and whole lot of love. Theo is getting better each day. He has had two spinal taps, and the fluid has been abnormal both times. He also has a lingering low fever. The doctors (he has about 4 or more) still do not know what caused the inflamation in his brain, but they can prevent future seizures via medicine. They are testing for everything. Meanwhile, we wait. The spinal taps hurt, and have caused headaches. Theo has spent a lot of time he could have been building strength lying on his back in pain. This sucks. I hate watching, and not being able to help or change things.


Hunter and I spent our first night at home last night. I missed Theo so much, and hardly slept at all. Obviously, tonight, I am not sleeping much again. I miss Theo. It's really hard to leave the hospital, but Hunter was really sick, and needed another night in his own bed.


The kids are good in general. Hunter is fighting his cold really hard. Today was perhaps his worst day yet. I am still sick, too. Ben is enjoying the surprise visit from "Gramma" who is spoiling him like crazy.


I'll keep you posted. Sorry I have been so out of touch. I know you ALL understand. Life beckons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
My thoughts are with you and I am so glad to see Theo awake and loving your kiddos. You are still in my thoughts.
-Cori