Friday, February 2, 2007

A day of many changes!





































Look what we have! Our new table and chairs (and bench) are here. Theo went and picked them up just hours after he picked up his *new* truck, a 1995 green Dodge Ram.



This is a day of many changes around here. Not just new furniture, but for the first time ever Theo and I have our own independant automobiles. I can take the kids to their doctor's appointment without Theo having to take time off work. I can go anywhere we want to go, beyond parks and libraries within walking distance. This feels fantastic. A huge weight is lifted off my shoulders. When Ben goes to pre-school, I will have a way to get him there. If we ever need anything, I can get it anytime. And best of all? No more cabin fever! Do you like my "Queen of the Road" photo? LOL. Watch out Wisconsin!



For Theo, he has a vehicle he can be proud of. Yes, our car is very dependable, but Theo has often joked how a 4-door car with two car seats and stuffed animals and cookie crumbs doesn't feel very masculine. LOL. Can you blame him? He can finally put his character into a truck, some deer hunting stickers, camo seat covers, you know... "Theo" stuff. It's a very exciting thing for him. We should be acquiring a *free* boat, too. Theo's stepfather has a boat that he has been unable to use since he had a stroke a couple of years ago. If all goes well, we will haul this modest fishing boat home with us very soon. This should account for hours of father-son fishing time, and some good honest outdoor time for me. Couldn't be more excited about that!


Some more little changes. I have a bigger scrapping space. I had a corner of our computer desk, and now I have the old hazzardous table we were using to eat on! This is a big deal to a scrapper. I can leave pages sprawled out. I can make a beautiful huge clutter pile. So exciting. The basement room where I scrap is a *studio* where I keep my art, and Theo keeps his hunting stuff (odd combo, I know), and it's a disaster area by some standards. I sort of love it. But shhh... don't tell the people who think I am clean person.

Oh and the cat and dog have finally admitted they are in love!


Hope you liked a peek into our lives today. Thanks for looking!


What, like 53 hours to the Superbowl now, right? Go Bears!

No comments: