Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Handmade Holiday: 'tis the season!

In between knitting projects, when my butt falls asleep (haha), I'm trying to put up some of the Christmas decorations. I am very busy, and I feel so blessed, but I am having craft withdrawl. lol. I miss scrapbooking, and making pillows... among other things. I'm sure in February I can get back to hand crafting some goodies, when knitting slows down... remind me to pull out the christmas music around Valentine's Day. :)
Having emerged myself into the world of the handmade on Etsy I have been paying special attention to the things I have made by hand myself over the last few years. I thought I'd share a few pictures here.
Last year was an ornament and knitting year. I made dozens of these embellished snowflakes and gave them to friends and family.


I also made a handful of these paper ornaments.

A few years ago I made this button tree with a styrofoam tree, vintage buttons and pearl head push pins,

And even longer ago I made this little pillow.



I have dozens of handmade things from the kids, too. I will have to share them soon, also.

No comments: