Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm still here...

I'm just not blogging. I don't enjoy blogging without pictures. Trust me, this has been a very long two weeks without the blog. I am hoping and praying for an extra $25 on the next paycheck (midweek) so I may resume blogging with photos. Meanwhile, I have taken tons of pictures of the boys, us, the garden. We had grandma Anita and uncle Jason here all of last week; we explored the Madison and Milwaukee zoos, Jason and Theo fished up in Beaver Dam, we rode a train at East Troy electric railroad, browsed some antique malls, saw our family in Chicago one day, went to the Rock county fair where we saw Rodney Atkins perform one night, and George Jones another. Busy, busy, busy... lots to share.

We're all doing well right now. I am mustering up the desire to go the gym after Theo gets home from work, and also to not eat again before dinnertime. Right now I want to eat a huge dinner and lay on the sofa and sleep. I'm not used to running around as much as we did last week. Pooped. Hunter's still not talking much, saying only "cat," "dog," "Dah Dah," "Ha" which means (outside), and occasional "mama," but he's using more symbols like hello, goodbye, more, and love through gestures. He'll walk to and point at what he wants. He's more of a daredevil right now than ever; I can't keep him off the tables. Ben had such a good time with grandma. He's currently covered in fake tatoos from all the different places we went this week. Very funny. Theo was off all of last week, but he's back to work this morning after a quick stop at his neurologist (switched his seizure meds so he can regain his strength again). We are still planning a trip to California soon... e-mail me to get dates b/c I don't want to post them on the blog.

The garden is doing well. We've had 3 good cucumbers, endless beans, and tons of cherry & italian tomatos. A few good peppers, too. I added several herbs to the garden as well. The annual vines I put on the trellises are blooming and giant marigolds I started from seed are huge and in full bloom. My biggest project right now? I am working on the perennial border along the back of the yard. Jason and Theo helped me remove the grass and I've plucked some clearance plants from local nurseries and stores into it so far. So far the border has Wood's Purple aster, Purple Smoke indigo, sedum Matrona, 2 kinds of phlox, sweet william, bachelor's buttons Montana, Coral Bells Dolce Peach Melba, Astilbe, and several shrubs and other perrenials... Last night I started moving the perennials out of the vegetable garden and into the back border. I'm a little freaked to move an semi-established plant mid-season, especially in this heat, but I am not patient enough to wait until they come up next spring & overcrowding is problem right now. The master plan is to have almost all edibles and herbs in the vegetable garden. I will leave some roses on the trellises, and some perrenials just beside each trellis, but all veggies and herbs otherwise. I want to grow many more sweet peppers, squash, and cukes next year, and Theo had requested sweet corn. I will need the space. Big job ahead.

Nothing else to report. Photos to come soon. Promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!
Pictures or not, I was starting to go through withdrawal:)