Sunday, June 8, 2008

Is school ready for Ben?

Yesterday Ben got his first taste of school at a fun function he went to. I don't feel comfortable revealing too much information about his activities on the blog, but he did have a great time, and can't stop talking about it. He brought home crafts and memorized a story about Jesus they told him.

Theo and I aren't overly religious, but we think it's a good idea for him to hear about Christian religious stories and make his own decisions when he's old enough. I never went to church, and never learned about any biblical stories other than Noah; I found it hard to get through higher education without this knowledge as a base. They'd use a popular Christian story as a example to better understand a scenario, and I'd be as in-the-dark as I was before the exmaple was set forth. I still feel confused when general Christian references are made, even when we're watching a comedian on Comedy Central or something like that. If you know about the Bible you'd be stunned to see what it's like to live in our society witout knowning about the Bible. In my adultish years I've tried to learn a little here and there, but I tend to want to read more about horticulture and art than religion right now. So back to Ben...

He's clearly ready for learning of any sort, and will start pre-school this fall. I will say, I did have a little pang of 'Oh-my-God-my-baby-is-at-school' when we dropped him off, but b/c it wasn't his real first day of pre-school or findergarten I was able to quell those emotions and enjoy the time we had alone with Hunter. I love how independent Ben is. As soon as he saw another kid he ran off to play introducing himself; he'll never be the kid who cries when we leave him, for sure. He's so social, outgoing, and smart, he begs to interact with anyone who will listen. I love this about Ben.

Dad dressed him, and combed his hair. He looks like a big ol' little boy.





He says "cheese" here, can you tell? LOL.

He looks so much like Theo to me.

Definately my favorite picture of my little man in a long, long time!

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: