Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wow. Wow. Snow.

So it finally stopped snowing late last night. Our snowfall amounts from this one 24-hour snowfall are about 20 inches! The winds speeds in our area were up to 50 mph, so the drifts are pretty crazy, some 50 inches high according to the news. Our neighbors van was burried by drifts that came over the top of their garage. He's lived in WI a long time, and he was outside taking pictures last night. When Theo was out shoveling last night parts of our snow were up to his waist. The dogs legs are entirely covered when they go out. No mail was delivered, and no trash was picked up. I took a ton of pictures, too, but I have not yet uploaded kodak software on this computer.

Theo left for work around 6:30am, and he's still not there; he spent the last two hours trying to find a route that's entirely clear (it's 9:00am). Last night it took Theo 2 hours to get home (his drive is normally 35-40 minutes tops). He saw something like 30 semis, 8 cars, and one mobile home in the ditch. News reports are over 850 cars are in the ditch stretching from the IL border to Madison. I don't doubt it! I swear he's trying to give me a heart attack putting me through this worry. I try and tell him the world won't end if he takes a snow day, but he stubbornly trods out the door anyway. Men!

The birds have swarmed around our feeders outside. I suspect I'm the only one in the neighorhood who cleared and filled the birdfeeders; next year I'd like to have a heated birdbath, too. I have so enjoyed watching them share the space in the most popular feeder. The male cardinal I am used to seeing brought a female with him his morning. I have pictures to share soon. Those red birds are so stunning in the snow. That reminds me, a bird book & some more houses are on the wish list, too.

Not much else to report, I guess. Hmmm... I made some delicious pumpkin bread with light cream cheese frosting yesterday for the boys (I had some, but sent the rest with the stubborn man to work). I made some cute Valentine's Day cards while the boys napped. Hunter learned how to build train tracks with both the TOMY and Trackmaster sets; I took some great pictures of his very first track creations. He was so into it! He's actually really good at it, too. Those tracks are rated for 3 and up, so I'm pretty proud of him.

Okay, now I'm really out of stuff to blab on about. Have a great Thursday everyone!

No comments: