Saturday, February 9, 2008

Is it Saturday?

Theo's working this morning, the reservists are in, and some higher-up dudes are there making his day extra special complicated. Poor guy! We're home, duh, and in our jammies. The boys sort of let me sleep in. Ben climbed in bed with me after Theo left around 4am. After he slept for a little bit he started kicking and talking so I sent him to the play room while I slept more. Hunter didn't bat an eye until 7:15! This is so late for us, as the boys usually have us up around 5:30. I feel great after so much rest!


Last night we went out a little; I ventured to Hobby Lobby with both boys while Theo went to the tatoo parlor! He's getting his very first tatoo next Friday! No hints, but I'll take pictures right away of course! In Hobby Lobby I picked up some bird houses and a feeder at 50% off. I bought 3 houses, and last night I already put two of them outside in the trees. This one is my favorite, though, and I'm debating whether to rig it to be hung or to set it on something. See the rooster whether vane on top? Adorable.




I made the toile table runner in this picture a few years ago. I bring it out for V-Day.

Afterward we had to run to Walmart so I could pick up a picture order, my new glasses, and contact lenses! Yipee! I also grabbed this mini rose:



I could not pass it up; the color is so beautiful! I'm not a pink person, but the orange in this particular pink rose is just awesome. The scent is like an old-fashioned rose. The size is especially huge for a mini rose, too.


I've been in the Valentine's Day spirit. Night before last I picked up a couple toys for the boys; I made cards this week, too. I made 8, but these were still not in the envelopes when I remembered to take pictures of them, LOL. It may be hard to tell, but the first 3 have glitter on them. You can click on the image to make it larger.



Speaking of glitter, I made this earlier this month with some large glitter letters I got at JoAnns for like 30 cents a each. I strung them from red ribbon I got for a dollar from Micheals. This banner is in my dining room.





In other news, this morning I've been a tad diassappointed. See, this last week my yard has been a bird haven. I was actually worried that the 6 feeders I had out were not going to be enough for the hundreds of birds out there. I went into the garage and rigged up some older broken feeders I had, I even painted one red. Then, I bought another new one at HL last night. This morning, I'm waiting patiently, and no birds. Not one. Just the big bully squirrel so far. I think it might be too cold? At any rate, I've taken some pictures of all the birds this week, and I wanted to share some.

This is the male cardinal who visits everyday; he gets alone well with the locals:


The female cardinal started coming with him:


These red breasted birds have not birds dining with the female cardinal have not been around in awhile. They've come in flocks now, 20 or more.
I don't know for sure, but I think these are goldfinchs in a winter coat. In the spring and summer the goldfinches we have are bright yellow, but these guys looks so much like them, with more brown and white in their puffed out winter wear. I'll be looking this up. These guys also came by the dozen.



While I was out in the snow at 10pm last night, hanging up and filling bird feeders I picked up this birdhouse I've had for a few years now. I decided it needed a fresh coat of paint. The flower used to be pink, but now, I've coated it in an outdoor safe red paint. I left the original green on the back and yellow in the center. Pretty, isn't it? This is what gardeners do in the winter... prepare and dream.



No comments: