Friday, January 26, 2007

Why I scrap:











Hi... sharing some of this weeks' "work." As if I could call it that. I love these pages; the colors, the memories. I just love scrapbooking. I had the unfortunate luck of stumbling on a blog entry by an artist who was comtemplating quitting scrapbooking b/c she no longer had fun doing it. Wow. She got paid to do it, (not much) and was only scrapping to make deadlines. Ick. I felt thankful that I scrap for some pretty good reasons. Mostly, I do it so my kids know what their childhood and parents are like. As I'm sure you all know, I lost my dad at 7, and I have almost no real memory of him. I have what people tell me, and I have piles of pictures, but I don't have the stories. I don't know what he thought of me, in his own words. I also don't know who he was in his own words. How did he see himself? What were his dreams? What did he think when he first saw me? Theo also has lost a bulk of his childhood pictures through misfortune. In my scrapbooks I strive to make sure my kids know themselves as children, know their parents, and know how their family members all felt about one another. I scrap b/c my family is a part of history, and I like to record it. I am careful balance time with my family and scrapbooking instead of scrapping when I could be with my husband or kids. I also REALLY love patterned paper. Seriously. I should have some kind of degree in color. I love the textures, the art of it. I love the assembling, and the sticky fingers. I love the words, and the most of all--the pictures! I want to take photography classes when the kids are in school. Okay, enough ramble. Enjoy my pages. More to come...

No comments: