Friday, January 26, 2007

Check myself...

One month down, almost. How are my 07' Resolutions coming along? My nails are stronger, and I'm not biting at all anymore. I've only lost 3 lbs... many more to go. But I am eating better/less. I have a great handle on my mornings, but between lunch and dinner I get hungry. I'm on my way. I could be playing with the boys more... even more than I already am. The blog is created, and updated daily, so I guess the "be more internet savvy" one is coming along. I want to create a photo banner across the top of this blog. That is next. I have not even thought about knitting yet. I have had one candle-lit bath, and several hours in the basement for my "alone/me-time." I'm not feeling as guilty about taking time during the day to look into a book, or go on cleanthe internet... so, there is more me-time. Good job, Jamie. I have not excercised, but I have been making sure I actively clean the house for at least an hour a day, and I've started scrapbooking standing up. That has got to count for something? I wish we could take our walks, but it is just too cold for the boys to sit in the stroller inactive. Too early to garden, but I've already started studying for the coming spring. I have responded to all my regular e-mails, and most of my "my space" e-mails. Big improvement there. Have not had any soda. I took one sip of Theo's to cleanse my pallette when we were out. I have flossed every day but one. I have made art everyday. I guess so far so good.

I have added a few habits to my daily routine that I am also proud of. I have made dinner for my family nearly every night. I am being creative. This week I was most proud of my homemade crock pot split pea soup (altered my grandma's recipe to make it my own, and stuck it in the crock pot) and some green chile chicken & black bean enchiladas. Yum. Progress.

I would like to add "make more time for reading" to the list. I have a few books I want to get started on. I have not read a book since Theo returned from Iraq. I have already asked Theo for some quiet reading time weekend. I see me, in our big comfy bed, reading. I'll let you know that goes. LOL.

I had a secret New Year's Resolution: to submit a scrapbook page for magazine publication. I submitted three last week. I have a some more I am submitting as soon as I get some time in the office/basement. This is huge for me. A risk. I took it. I have not heard anything yet, but I some women get a request for submission months after. Wish me luck. I was careful not to resolve to get published b/c that sort of thing doesn't lie within my control. All I can do is submit my pages and hope. I did my part. I'm proud of myself.

What are your resolutions? I know a lot of my friends and family are viewing the blog; you have e-mailed me. Did you know that anyone can leave comments on the blog? Easy. No problem. I'd love to hear what you're doing to improve yourself this year. Share.

More pictures of our week to come later today.
Off to play with the kiddos. Tootles.

No comments: