Friday, January 19, 2007

That ain't right.

Dude. It's 9:30am, and we've already had a long family nap (sans Theo who is makin' the family bacon'). Ben was up and roaring at 3:30 this morning. That is not a typo. See, Theo got home last night (he was used-truck-hunting, our tax return desire). Ben did not get his necessary nightly dose of daddy. At 3:30 am when Ben woke up and found Daddy putting him back in bed, he was so excited he could not be put back to sleep. Kind and thoughtful as always, Theo let me and little Hunter Joe sleep. Until 4:45 I think? (Ben is dancin' around the living room to the KIA commerical with the Sound Of Music song on it, "Ahdoo, Ahdoo" he says as he flops around in circles not-so-carefuly avoiding Hunter beneath him). So anyway, by 7:00am we were headed to a nap. Once upon a time I was a morning person. Really a morning person. In college I was the first in the shower when we travelled to speech tournaments always. I spent 3 years at the gym by 5:15 in the morning. What happened? Is it kids? I am grouchy zombie in the morning now. Even after my coffee. Bah humbug. Some ideas? A coffee pot by my bed? A large quotation that says "Goodmorning Beautiful Sunshine!" above my face when I open my eyes? Any ideas people? Help. Sweet Jesus. Hunter just tried to steal Ben's Teddy Grahams (what? I ate them for breakfast, too). Gotta go!

No comments: