Saturday, December 15, 2007

Merry Christmas from Theo!

My husband is the greatest husband in the world. Not because he calls me a dozen times a day to say "I love you!," sings to me on the answering machin, washes dishes, cleans up toys, gives the kids baths, gets them dressed in the morning, sometimes cooks dinner, and always wants to love me. He pays attention. Close attention.

I have been asking for a KitchenAid stand mixer since we registered for one at our wedding. These puppies are expensive. Up to $429.00+ expensive.
So when Theo called and told me he wanted to get my mixer for Christmas, and he didn't want to get the wrong kind, I set out to make this purchase as afforable as possible. I raided in the internet for sale advertisements, and called stores for quantities. I found what I needed at Sears, a sale that began on a Friday night after 6pm had this mixer at $249.99 with an extra 10% off. The final total was $235 approximately.
Theo said he knows Christmas is my "busy season." I put this baby to use yesterday making muffins, and tomorrow I start the cookie doughs. Later this machine will help Theo stuff his own venison sausage, kneed bread dough, among thousands of other things. I just couldn't help but put a picture of this bad-girl on the blog. She's changed my kitchen life forever. Welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how excited this makes me, and I don't even own it! I too managed to get a sweet Kitchen Aid mixer on sale for the same price, and man, I miss the heck out of that thing. I'm just praying I'm home in time to help Theo stuff those sausages!

Have you started picking out attachments you want to get? I got a shredder attachment that can shred a huge block of cheese in five seconds flat. Love it.