Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I can still work a glue runner.

Seems like it has been ages since I scrapbooked. I know I had all the stuff our sometimes this winter, and maybe even for a week this spring, but I'm still scrapping pictures from 2010 if that tell you anything.
With Army borrowing my husband for a bit, I decided to completely cover the dining room table in paper scraps and glitter. It has been very rewarding thus far- there are few things I love more than telling my kids' and husbands' stories through scrapbooking.
The theme here is using my stash- I have too many sticker sheets with one or two stickers left; too many pieces of paper in the scrap basket; too many old unused products that need thinning.

Here's a little Ben lego layout love. Notice how none of the papers match at all? I think the black background and quirky colletion of stickers, paired with the colorful picture pull it all together. I hand cut the heart.
Pictures of Theo as the coach of the t-ball team! Using these sunshine yellow journaling cards and some old baseball papers.
The first rodeo the boys ever saw, using old rodeo papers and scraps:

I have had these cheesey red star brads forever, and I took a nail file to them to create a distressed look. Love how it turned out.

Perhaps my favorite layout of the week so far is this one with a single photo of my Theo and me. I used mostly scraps and some pastel paisley paper I was one step away from throwing out. I used an incredible layout from GlueStickGirl as inspiration for this scraplift. Again, none of the papers really match at all, but they are so random together it just works for me.

Happy scrapping!

No comments: